Rancourt French Military Cemetery
Historical Information (Wikipedia)
8566 French solidiers from the First World War are buried here. There is also a memorial chapel on the grounds.
The chapel and cemetery were created in July of 1917 as a private initiative of Mathilde du Bos, to honor her son, Jean, killed in the attack on Rancourt on September 25, 1916 and later buried here. After her death in 1919, the project was chaired by Marshal Foch, who dedicated the memorial on October 22, 1923. This is the largest French military cemetery in the Somme region.