Buffs Road Cemetery
History Information (Source: CWGC)
Buffs Road was the name given to a small lane, which ran between Boundary Road and Admiral's Road, just to the north of the hamlet of Wieltje. The cemetery was made and used by fighting units (in particular by the 12th, 13th and 14th Royal Sussex and the Royal Artillery) between July 1917 and March 1918, and after the Armistice graves were brought into it (Row EE and part of Row B) from the battlefields and one British officer, who fell in 1915, was brought in from BRIELEN CHURCHYARD.
There are now 289 Commonwealth servicemen of the First World War buried or commemorated in the cemetery. 86 of the burials are unidentified and there are special memorials to ten casualties whose graves in the cemetery were destroyed by shell fire. The cemetery was designed by A.J.S. Hutton.
· United Kingdom (198)
· Australian (4)
· South African (1)
· Army (203)