Ration Farm (La Plus Douve)
History Information (Source: CWGC)
In the valley of the river Douve, north of Ploegsteert Wood, were two farms. 'La Petite Douve' was the object of a successful raid by the 7th Canadian Infantry Battalion in November 1915 and 'La Plus Douve', which was generally within the Allied lines, was used at times as a battalion headquarters. It was also known as Ration Farm because battalion transport could approach it at night with rations. Ration Farm (La Plus Douve) Annexe was begun in January 1915 and used until January 1918.
It contains 202 Commonwealth burials of the First World War. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.
- United Kingdom (178)
- Australian (12)
- New Zealand (4)
- German (1)
- Army (195)