Bethleem Farm West Cemetery
History Information (Source: CWGC)
Bethleem Farm West Cemetery was made by units of the 3rd Australian Division (it was known to them as the '3rd Division General Cemetery'), who captured Bethleem Farm (which can be found to the north-east) on 7 June 1917 during the Battle of Messines. It continued to be used by the 14th (Light) Division until the end of 1917. There is also an East Cemetery located nearby.
There are now 165 servicemen of the First World War buried or commemorated in the cemetery including one casualty commemorated by special memorial whose grave in the cemetery was destroyed by shell fire. The cemetery also contains one unidentified burial of the Second World War. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.
· Australian (113)
· New Zealand (27)
· United Kingdom (25)
· Army (165)