Colne Valley Cemetery
History Information (Source: CWGC)
For most of the First World War, the east side of the village of Boesinghe (now Boezinge) directly faced the German front line. Colne Valley, Skipton Road and Huddersfield Road were names given to trenches by the 49th Division. Colne Valley Cemetery, a little south of Caesar's Nose, was begun by Territorial battalions of the West Riding Regiment of that division in July and August 1915. It remained in use until February 1916.
The cemetery contains 47 First World War burials. 30 of the graves are of officers and men of the West Riding Regiment. The cemetery was designed by W C Von Berg.
- United Kingdom (43)
- Army (43)