Croonaert Chapel Cemetery
History Information (Source: CWGC)
Croonaert Chapel was a shrine in a hamlet on the Wytschaete-Voormezeele road, and was in No Man's Land before the Battle of Messines 1917. The cemetery was begun by the 19th Division Burial Officer in June 1917, and used until the following November. Two further burials were made in April 1918 and January 1919.
Croonaert Chapel Cemetery contains 75 Commonwealth burials of the First World War, seven of which are unidentified. 51 German graves of June 1917 were removed after the Armistice. The cemetery was designed by W C Von Berg.
· United Kingdom (69)
· Army (69)