Westouter Churchyard and Extension
History Information (Source: CWGC)
The village of Westoutre (now Westouter) remained in Allied hands from the early months of the First World War to the Armistice, but in the summer of 1918, after the Battles of the Lys, it was within 2.4 Kms of the front line. The Churchyard and Extension was used by field ambulances and fighting units at intervals from November 1914 to September 1918.
It contains 98 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and three German graves.
· United Kingdom (76)
· Canadian (18)
· German (3)
· Australian (1)
· Indian (1)
· New Zealand (1)
· Army (100)