Calvaire Cemetery, Montbrehain
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Montbrehain was taken on the 3rd October, 1918, by three battalions of the Sherwood Foresters of the 46th Division, but it could not be held a the time; it was finally captured by the 21st and 24th Australian Infantry Battalions two days later.
The cemetery contains the graves of 71 casualties of the First World War, 16 of which are unidentified. Calvaire Cemetery is named from a Crucifix standing near its South-West corner and was designed by W H Cowlishaw.
- Australian (41)
- United Kingdom (14)
- Army (55)