Guizancourt Farm Cemetery, Gouy

Historical Information (Source: CWGC)

Le Catelet and Gouy were captured by the 6th Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers and the 4th King's Royal Rifle Corps on 3 October 1918; and on the 5th, Guizancourt Farm (a building 3.2 kilometres North-East of Gouy, on the German Masnieres-Beaurevoir line) was secured by the 11th Sherwood Foresters and the 1st/8th Royal Warwicks (25th Division). The cemetery was made shortly after the capture of the farm.

 

There are now nearly 150, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this cemetery. Of these, a small number are unidentified. All but one fell in the early part of October, 1918. The cemetery (without the access path) covers an area of 398 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall.

 

Served with

  • United Kingdom (135)

Served in

  • Army (135)
Guizancourt Farm Cem
PDF – 25.2 KB