Serain Communal Cemetery Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Serain was captured by the 66th (East Lancashire) Division on the 8th October 1918. The Communal Cemetery was extended by the Germans on the North-West side, and in October 1918, the present British Extension was made on the North-West side of the German. After the Armistice the German Extension was removed; 264 German, seven Russian graves and one American were taken to other cemeteries; and 32 British graves (from the German Extension and other German cemeteries) were brought into the British Extension.
There are now over 100, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, nearly 20 are unidentified. The cemetery covers an area of 630 square metres and is enclosed by a stone rubble wall.
- United Kingdom (84)
- Australian (4)
- Canadian (1)
- German (1)
- South African (1)
- Army (90)
- Air Force (1)