Haubourdin Communal Cemetery - French War Graves
Historical Information (Source: Wikipedia)
The region was held by the Germans from October, 1914, to October, 1918, and the Communal Cemetery, in the South-East part of the town, was used and extended by German Field Hospitals. The Germen Extension, with nearly 1,000 graves, is permanent; 44 British graves have been removed from it to Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery, Souchez, and eleven (all of 1914) from the Communal Cemetery itself to Laventie Military Cemetery.
There are 1,960 French World War Two burials here including 178 Soviet Soldiers. Bataille de Lille May - June 1940.