Aix-Noulette Communal Cemetery Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The Cemetery Extension was begun by French troops early in 1915, and the two French plots are next to the Communal Cemetery. It was taken over by the 1st and 2nd Divisions in February, 1916, and used by fighting units and Field Ambulances until October, 1918. It was increased after the Armistice by the concentration of graves from the battlefields to the East.
There are now 749 Commonwealth burials of the 1914-1918 war commemorated here, 61 being unidentified. There are also 502 French burials here. The cemetery covers an area of 5,198 square metres and is enclosed by a red brick wall on three sides, and on the South by the wall of the Communal Cemetery.
- Canadian (482)
- United Kingdom (207)
- Army (688)
- Air Force (1)