Bailleul Road West Cemetery, St. Laurent-Blangy
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Part of the commune and the greater part of the village of St. Laurent-Blangy were included in the front taken over by British troops in March, 1916, and the remainder fell into British hands on the first day of the Battles of Arras, the 9th April, 1917. Bailleul Road West Cemetery was made by the 12th Royal Scots in May, 1917.
There are now nearly 100, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The date of death was in all cases the 9th April, 1917. The cemetery covers an area of 359 square metres and is enclosed by a low flint wall on a rubble base.
- United Kingdom (93)
- Army (93)