Bruay Communal Cemetery Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The extension to the communal cemetery was begun by French troops in October 1914, on land belonging to the Compagnie des Mines de Bruay. When the French Tenth Army handed over this part of the line to Commonwealth forces in March 1916, the 22nd Casualty Clearing Station, which was established at Bruay, continued to bury in it. Nearly half the burials in the extension are from the Canadian Corps who occupied this sector from early in 1917.
There are some French war graves in the Extension and a large plot of French Veterans from the First and the Second World War.