Bully-Grenay Communal Cemetery, British Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Bully-Grenay is the name of the railway station (on the main Hazebrouck-Arras line) serving this village and Grenay, but the double name was generally applied to the village and the communal cemetery of Bully by the troops.
The BRITISH EXTENSION, on the south-west side of the communal cemetery, was begun at the end of April 1916, and was used until October 1918. There are now 803 Commonwealth burials and commemorations of the First World War in the British extension. 141 of the burials are unidentified and there are special memorials to two casualties known to have been buried at Sallaumines whose graves could not be found. The extension also contains one Second World War burial. The British extension was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.
- United Kingdom (455)
- Canadian (169)
- Army (612)
- Navy (8)
- Air Force (4)