Quarry Cemetery, Marquion
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Marquion was captured by the 1st Canadian and 11th Division on 27 September 1918. Quarry Cemetery (called also the Chalk Pit Cemetery) was made by fighting units after the battle and used during the following month. One grave was brought in from Marquion German Cemetery after the Armistice.
Quarry Cemetery contains 68 burials of the First World War. The cemetery was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.
- Canadian (45)
- United Kingdom (24)
- Army (68)
- Air Force (1)