Somer Farm Cemetery
History Information (Source: CWGC)
Wytschaete (now Wijtschate) was taken by the Germans early in November 1914. It was recovered by Commonwealth forces during the Battle of Messines on 7 June 1917, but fell into German hands once more on 16 April 1918. The village was recovered for the last time on 28 September. Somer Farm Cemetery (also known as Somer Farm Cemetery No.1 - the burials in Somer Farm No.2 were removed to Wytschaete Military Cemetery) was begun in June 1917. It was used until March 1918 and again in October 1918.
The cemetery contains 91 First World War burials. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.
· United Kingdom (66)
· Australian (24)
· Army (90)