Hargicourt Communal Cemetery Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Hargicourt was occupied by British troops in April, 1917, lost on the 21st April, 1918, and recaptured by Australian troops on the 18th September, 1918. The Cemetery was made in August, 1917, and January, September and October, 1918, beyond a German Extension of the Protestant Communal Cemetery; the 177 German graves have been removed, and the British Extension is now isolated.
There are now over 70, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The Extension covers an area of 348 square metres and is enclosed by a low flint and brick wall.
- United Kingdom (56)
- Australian (12)
- Army (68)