Avesnes-le-Sec Communal Cemetery Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The extension was made by the 51st (Highland) Division Burial Officer in November 1918. At the Armistice, it contained 100 burials dating from the period 12-26 October 1918, 46 of which were Seaforth Highlanders and 41 Gordon Highlanders. In 1928, a further 14 graves were brought in from St. Hilaire-sur-Helpe Churchyard and Louvignies-les-Quesnoy Churchyard.
Avesnes-le-Sec Communal Cemetery Extension now contains 114 First World War burials. The extension was designed by W H Cowlishaw.
- United Kingdom (108)
- South African (2)
- Army (110)