Le Quesnoy Communal Cemetery

Historical  Information (Source: CWGC)

Le Quesnoy was captured by the New Zealand Division, without bombardment, on the 4th November, 1918; and a sculptured panel let into the town wall, linked with the Place D'Armes by a memorial avenue, recalls this exploit. The Communal Cemetery was used and extended by the Germans during their long occupation of the town; but almost all the German graves have been removed to Frasnoy German Cemetery.

 

There are now  63, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. All but two of whom were buried by the enemy.

 

Served with

  • United Kingdom (61)
  • Australian (2)
  • German (2)
  • Russian (1)

Served in

  • Army (63)
  • Air Force (2)
  • Navy (1)
Le Quesnoy Com Cem& Ext
PDF – 32.6 KB