Moulin-de-Pierre British Cemetery

Historical  Information (Source: CWGC)

Villers-Outreau was cleared by the 38th (Welsh) Division and Tanks, after heavy fighting, on the 8th October, 1918. Moulin-de-Pierre British Cemetery is on the Chemin du Moulin-de-Pierre, a road going North from Villers-Outreau and passing a stone mill whose ruins were used as a German machine-gun emplacement.

 

There are now nearly 50, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. All of whom fell on the 8th October, 1918. The Cemetery covers an area of 199 square metres and is enclosed by a stone rubble wall on three sides.

 

Served with

  • United Kingdom (48)

Served in

  • Army (48)
Moulind-de-Pierre BC
PDF – 24.3 KB