Chapel Corner Cemetery, Sauchy-Lestree
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Sauchy-Lestree was captured by the 56th (London) Division on 27 September 1918, and the cemetery was made and used by fighting units during the following five weeks. It contained 50 burials at the Armistice, and others were then added from the surrounding battlefields and cemeteries.
Chapel Corner Cemetery contains 178 First World War burials, 29 of which are unidentified. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.
- United Kingdom (103)
- Canadian (47)
- Army (146)
- Air Force (4)