Givenchy-en-Gohelle Canadian Cemetery, Souchez
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Givenchy-en-Gohelle was taken by the 2nd Canadian Division on the 13th April 1917 and remained in British hands during the rest of the War. The Canadian Cemetery was begun by the Canadian Corps, under the name of C.D. 20, in March, 1917, and used until May; two further graves were added in March, 1918.
There are now over 150, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, nearly one-fifth are unidentified and special memorials are erected to 15 Canadian soldiers believed to be buried among them. The cemetery covers an area of 308 square metres and is enclosed by a low rubble wall.
- Canadian (118)
- United Kingdom (9)
- Army (127)